Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Being single on Saturdays

Please realize that I know that I am not authorized to judge you with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration, or a Sabbath day (Col 2:16).

Even so, I want to point out to you these verses which seem to be helpful to me, so perhaps they will seem to be helpful for other unmarried people at Seaside Church (like Zach).

Isaiah 56:3-5
For thus says the LORD,
"To the eunuchs who keep My sabbaths, and choose what pleases Me, and hold fast My covenant, to them I will give in My house and within My walls a memorial, and a name better than that of sons and daughters; I will give them an everlasting name which will not be cut off."

Isaiah 58:13-14
"If because of the sabbath, you turn your foot from doing your own pleasure on My holy day, and call the sabbath a delight, the holy day of the LORD honorable, and honor it, desisting from your own ways, from seeking your own pleasure and speaking your own word, then you will take delight in the LORD and I will make you ride on the heights of the earth; and I will feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father, for the mouth of the LORD has Spoken."

I have utilized the New American Standard version of the Bible

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home