Friday, December 01, 2006

Introducing Myself

Even if I had decided to not write this introduction, you would easily have noticed that this posting had been written by a person other than the person who wrote the last posting. I am Joshua. I have never been to Bible School. I have never been to seminary. I have never even been to a Christian School. Well, I have been to Vacation Bible Schools in which puppets do the teaching, but that is not really relevent. I am not a pastor like Jefro who has been the only person to post here before me. I do attend Seaside Church in Bremerton though, and that probably has something to do with Jefro allowing me to type here. If you really want to know who I am, consider yourself invited to utilize my blog by starting with the posting on the bottom and working your way up.

I just sat down with my Bible and the notes that I was going to look at and I am actually kind of intimidated regarding the beginning of a new, biblically based post, so I am going to use this first posting to point out some of my earlier blog postings that actually say something:

Parents
I learned something new about the Pollyanna movie
What I did last night
Thanksgiving 1

Since posting Thanksgiving 1 on November 23rd, I have been reminded of something that I had forgotten how to explain. Alan Giles pointed out to my community group that the patience of God which is mentioned in 2 Peter 3 is patience for the as yet unredeemed sinner (as I mentioned), but also for the redeemed believer. He explained that God is giving the redeemed believers time to be sanctified so that we can receive a "rich welcome" into "the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ" as 2 Peter 1:11 mentions. I am sure that all who are welcomed into this kingdom will think that they are receiving a rich welcome because this kingdom is so great, but this rich welcome is the goal of the disciplines mentioned in verses 5 through 7 of the same chapter.

1 Comments:

Blogger Alan Micah said...

I like this new collective blog of redeemed minds thinking on heavenly things. I look forward to seeing what you guys put out for us.

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home